Who’s ready for some spring-like weather? We are! With Summer Reading just two months away (can you believe it?) there is a lot going on at the library. In addition to our gardening workshop on April 26 (don’t forget to mark your calendars,) and FBCVL’s Booked For Dinner on April 21, we also have another School’s Out Friday coming up - just in time for Arbor Day.
Join us on Friday, April 27 from 2-4 pm for lots of tree and nature-themed activities, including pressed leaf coasters, personalized tree discs, Bean in a Bag, and more. Please let us know if you plan to be here so we can have enough materials for everyone. Here’s how to RSVP: sign up in person at the library, call us at (920) 984-3094, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, send us a message on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/blackcreekvillagelibrary/, or simply click “Going” on our Facebook event page, and then comment with the names of the people attending. Easy!
Check out the new spring raffle basket from the Friends of the Black Creek Village Library! Filled with homemade goodies, candy and items that will get you ready for warmer weather! As always, tickets are $0.25 each or 5 for $1.00.
Don’t forget to join us for Flash Friday crafts on Friday at 3:15.
Last chance to get your taxes done! If you still need tax forms, here is how to get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
Hours: Mon. Closed; Tue. 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wed. Closed; Thu. 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Appleton Public Library
225 N. Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54911
Hours: Mon. – Thu. 9am – 9pm; Fri. 9am – 6pm; Sat. 9am – 5pm; Sun. 12pm – 5pm.
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) between 7am and 7pm Mon. – Fri. to have forms and instructions mailed to you within 7-10 days.
While we cannot answer any tax-related questions, there are several resources available to help:
- The IRS Interactive Tax Assistant (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita) will provide answers to tax law questions, as well as general filing questions.
- The IRS Frequently Asked Questions page: (https://www.irs.gov/faqs).
- Free live chat services are available on many tax preparation websites if you create an account with them.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, April 12th @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Friday, April 13th @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, April 13th @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, April 13th @ 3:15 PM – Flash Friday
Mon - Thurs. 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Fri. 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm