Congratulations to our February Kid Reader of the Month, Remy Sumner! Remy is six years old and in kindergarten. She loves to read, especially with her dad, and her favorite book is "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss. When she grows up, she wants to be a dentist, but for now, she enjoys arts and crafts, and playing soccer.
To nominate someone for Kid Reader of the Month, you can access the form on our website: http://www.blackcreeklibrary.org/kid-reader-month, through our Facebook page (here’s the direct link that will take you to the online form:) https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3ZHQZQM, or fill out a paper nomination form at the library. All winners will have their picture in the paper, along with a short interview.
The Friends of the Black Creek Village Library’s St. Patrick’s Day basket is here and full of all things green. Some of the many treasures in this basket include Lucky Charms, homemade canned pickles, a TY Beanie Baby bear, Junior Mints, hot cocoa, tea, a chocolate bar, marshmallow chicks, a kitchen towel, seasonal home décor, snacks, necklaces, playing cards, a fidget spinner, a hair pin, and more! As always, tickets are $0.25 each or 5 for $1.00.
It’s tax season again, but because of budget cuts, the IRS will no longer send us federal tax forms. Fortunately, there are still a number of ways to get them:
- Printable versions are available online at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- The IRS Office
440 Security Blvd.
Green Bay, WI 54313
Hours: Mon. Closed; Tue. 8:30am – 4:30pm; Wed. Closed; Thu. 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Appleton Public Library
225 N. Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54911
Hours: Mon. – Thu. 9am – 9pm; Fri. 9am – 6pm; Sat. 9am – 5pm; Sun. 12pm – 5pm.
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) between 7am and 7pm Mon. – Fri. to have forms and instructions mailed to you within 7-10 days.
While we cannot answer any tax-related questions, there are several resources available to help:
- The IRS Interactive Tax Assistant (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita) will provide answers to tax law questions, as well as general filing questions.
- The IRS Frequently Asked Questions page: (https://www.irs.gov/faqs).
- Free live chat services are available on many tax preparation websites if you create an account with them.
Have a great week, everyone!
This Week’s Programming Schedule:
- Thursday, March 15th @ 6:00 PM – Knitting
- Thursday, March 15th @ 6:30 PM – Friends of the Black Creek Village Library Meeting
- Friday, March 16th @ 10:15 AM – Baby/Toddler StoryTime
- Friday, March 16th @ 10:30 AM - Preschool StoryTime
- Friday, March 16th @ 3:15 PM – Flash Friday
Mon - Thurs. 10:00am - 8:00pm
Fri. 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sat. 10:00am - 4:00pm