Come see what we're all about! Our meetings are held right in the library, every 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30pm. Please call the library at 920-984-3094, email the Friends at email@example.com, or just attend the next meeting to have your questions answered.
President: Trudy Koon, Vice President: Amber Barrett, Secretary: Lori Amerson, Treasurer: Beth Southard
What are Friends For!?!
Friends of Libaries are groups of ordinary people who love and use libraries! They support quality library service in their community through:
- Advocating the library's programs
- Participating in fun special events
What are the Perks of Being a Friend!?!
- Fellowship with other community members who believe that libraries are a vital & valuable resource for everyone.
- "Sneak Peek" early-bird shopping opportunities for FBCVL book sales!
- Special invitations to "Friends Only" events, and free admission to our annual "Booked For Dinner" banquet.
- A "Book of the Month Club" chance when you come to our monthly meetings.
- Influencing the development of the library and the programs we offer.
- Satisfaction of making a positive contribution to your community.
What are we doing right now?
- Read the most recent meeting minutes (below) to see a full list, including long-range projects.
- Ensuring books are shelved accurately.
- Making themed raffle baskets--you can donate items or suggest a theme!
- Enlisting volunteers and bakers for the upcoming Books & Bakery Sale: October 20-21 during normal library hours (Oct. 19 & 22 work days)
- Planning the next "Booked for Dinner" event -- contact us to find out the tentative date or offer your suggestions!
What have we done so far?
- Sent delegates to advocate for the library at Library Legislative Day in Madison every year!
- Sponsor the "Books for Babies" program for the Black Creek area!
- Provide decor and other items to enhance the library's welcoming atmosphere.
- Implement easy and enjoyable fundraiser activities, including brat fry days and internet donation methods:
Click the cap at left to enter codes by selecting "Volunteering" then "Friends of the Black Creek Village Library". Then enter codes and click "donate" at the bottom, or bring in caps and we'll enter them. Learn more here. Available at Woodman's and others nearby.
We earn 5¢ for each jug cap or bag top collected from Kwik Trip Nature’s Touch® products dropped in the box at the front of the library! Please bring only cleaned or sealed in a bag to keep our library smelling fresh...
these links or add them to your favorites!
What we've been able to purchase for the library:
- Disc Repair Machine and supplies to extend the life of our library's CD/DVD collection.
- Projector for movie nights
- Portable PA system for events
- Snacks, prizes, and supplies for children's programs
- Furniture and fixtures
- Readers for E-books
- Digital instant camera
- Advertising for library events and services
- Books! Books! And more Books!